The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time IndianThe Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I thought this was a good story and definitely a book that teenage boys may be attracted too. It is the story of Junior, a Spokane Indian who leaves the reservation to attend the local white school. He becomes an outcast among his tribe members and struggles to fit in with his new classmates. The book does have some pretty strong language and alcohol abuse but I think thats what adds to its authenticity. Also, people have complained about the Native Americans in this book being portrayed negatively. However, the author draws from many of his own experiences as a Spokane Indian and that is important to know before judging this book. It was a good book to listen and had all the elements. It made me laugh but it also tackled some tough topics such as death, but it the end it made me feel hopeful and curious to know how Junior's life turns out.



View all my reviews